Whitney – St. Philip’s, a Presbyterian church at the time of construction, was built at Whitney in 1886 and is 10 km from Red Bank. The congregation consists of approximately 45 families, with about 25 out on an average Sunday.
There is no Sunday School but there is a very motivated UCW of 17 members. The church members and adherents have an excellent history of donating their time and resources, and there is energetic lay participation in church services.
There have been renovations done as needed and new pews have been installed.